UBC Yoga Teacher Training
UBC Yoga Teacher Training
Thank-you for considering our UBC Yoga Teacher Training. We know that you have many options to consider.
We would like to invite You to join our UBC Yoga Teacher Training Program on the UBC Campus!
The schedules for 2015 are now live and details are listed below. We have two 2015 programs – May & September.
UBC Yoga Teacher Training is open to everyone (students, staff, faculty & general public).
A unique benefit is that the training is capped at 20 Students.
Accredited with Yoga Alliance, the UBC Yoga Teacher Training program certifies all succesfull graduates as 200 Hour Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teachers.
Reserve Your Space
If you would like to Reserve Your Space, please complete our On-Line Reservation. The Reservation guarantees you a space into the program once registration is live.
Reservation fee ($40) and will be REFUNDED to you on Day 1 of the program.
What will happen after you Reserve?
We will email you the direct link once Registration is LIVE and you will then finalize registration through UBC. All students who Reserve a Space will be notified in the order their reservation came through.
Class Schedule & Location
Attendance is mandatory for successful completion of the program.
May 31 – August 2, 2015
Every Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) 9:00am – 5:00pm / 1 Weeknight per week (day TBD) 5:30pm – 8:30-pm
September 20, 2015 – March 20, 2016
Full Year Program / Sundays Only / 9:30am – 6:00pm / No Class Sunday, December 27th
All classes held at the Ponderosa Commons Studio. Located in the West Commons building on University Boulevard and West Mall, the Studio is a state-of-the-art fitness space with floor to ceiling windows.
All fees are set and collected by the University of British Columbia.
CSC (Community Service Card Holders) & Faculty
* all program fees INCLUDE taxes
* all program fees INCLUDE all course materials (exception: Students must bring a Yoga Mat)
* Canadian Dollars
To be considered for our UBC Yoga Teacher Training program, you must comply with the following Admission Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older (we Welcome students of ALL ages)
- have completed the on-line, UBC Registration
- have an English level that allows for reading, writing & speaking to a level of full comprehension
- must not have a severe medical condition that will preclude a student from participating (persons who have a medical condition that does not interfere with their safety and their participation will always be considered for trainings)
- have some basic, prior experience with Yoga (attending classes etc.)
Curriculum & Course Materials
Like all Registered Yoga Schools, our UBC Yoga Teacher Training program is required to offer a curriculum based on the guidelines issued by Yoga Alliance.
- Teaching Methodology &Training
- Asana (The Postures) ~ View Asana List
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pranayama (Breath Techniques)
- Introductory Workshops to: Yin Yoga, Kundalini Yoga & Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Lifestyle & Ethics of Yoga Teachers
- Kirtan & Satsang
- Practicum Teaching
- Discusion Sessions
- Practicum Evaluation & Assessment
- Business of Yoga Workshop
- 150 Page, Full Colour, Program Manual
- 60 Page, Full Colour, Asana Manual
- Key Muscles of Yoga | Your Guide to Functional Anatomy, Ray Long
- The Miracle of Mindfulness, Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Mukanada Stiles
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants, Nicolai Bachman
Your Course Materials will be ON-SITE on day 1 of your program.
Yoga Alliance Accrediation
Yoga Alliance Accreditation is not only important to us as a school, but to the graduates of our programs. Yoga Alliance registry marks are globally recognized symbols of standards-based knowledge in the field of teaching yoga.
We recommend all graduates register with Yoga Alliance, a voluntary body which promotes standards for training and practice, allowing you to increase your credibility as a Teacher. By maintaining your Yoga Alliance Accreditation and registration on an annual basis, you may use the RYT or RYS designation following your name and on your marketing materials and website.
We are a registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance and are listed on their online directory. Registration acknowledges that our programming meets standards for curriculum, and that training is conducted by experienced Teachers.