Need To Know
make an informed decision ~ always
Need To Know
This is a summary of all the NEED TO KNOW items for every 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training we offer. Please take some time to review the details.
The more you know, the more it will help you make an informed decision.
- Yoga Alliance Accreditation
- What is Intensive Immersion?
- Curriculum | Course Materials
- Refund Policy
Yoga Alliance Accreditation
Yoga Alliance Accreditation is not only important to us as a school, but to the graduates of our programs. Yoga Alliance registry marks are globally recognized symbols of standards-based knowledge in the field of teaching yoga.
We recommend all graduates register with Yoga Alliance, a voluntary body which promotes standards for training and practice, allowing you to increase your credibility as a Teacher. By maintaining your Yoga Alliance Accreditation and registration on an annual basis, you may use the RYT or RYS designation following your name and on your marketing materials and website.
We are a registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance and are listed on their online directory. Registration acknowledges that our programming meets standards for curriculum, and that training is conducted by experienced Teachers.
All graduates of an RYS are eligible to register and hold Yoga Alliance Accreditation as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT). Yoga Alliance reserves the right to suspend or revoke an RYS registration based on evidence that the school no longer meets RYS standards.
We want to ensure that students are prepared for the intensity of the program. It is hard work, hard play, but most importantly, it is a life changing experience.
Although we are practicing and learning in beautiful places around the world, during your training there is no allotted time to explore the area. Your training days are devoted to helping you become the very best yoga teacher you can be.
While we do provide periods of downtime in which you can catch your breath and process what has been taking place physically and mentally, these times of reflection will take place on-site.
Please plan to explore and discover the country you are visiting before or after your teacher training.
To be considered for our Yoga Teacher Training program, you must comply with the following Admission Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older (we Welcome students of ALL ages)
- have reviewed program details throughly
- have completed the on-line, admission, application
- have an English level that allows for reading, writing & speaking to a level of full comprehension
- must not have a severe medical condition that will preclude a student from participating (persons who have a medical condition that does not interfere with their safety and their participation will always be considered for trainings)
- have some basic, prior experience with Yoga (attending classes etc.)
- be able to refrain from drug & alcohol use during the program
Like all Registered Yoga Schools, our Yoga Teacher Training program is required to offer a curriculum based on the guidelines issued by Yoga Alliance. Within these programs is where prospective students will find the differences in how the curriculum is delivered.
Our curriculum has an intense focus in Technique Training, which is essential for new teachers. However, our program also offers variety in many areas to ensure authentic yoga programming (not what is trendy).
- Teaching Methodology, Sequencing & Training
- Asana (The Postures) ~ View Asana List
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pranayama (Breath Techniques)
- Introductory Workshops to: Yin Yoga & Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Lifestyle & Ethics of Yoga Teachers
- Pre-Natal Adjustments
- Assisting & Adjusting
- Styles of Yoga
- History of Yoga
- Practicum Teaching
- Discusion Sessions
- Practicum Evaluation, 2 Mini Quizzes, Final Written Examination (details)
- Business of Yoga Details (Will be delivered, via email, POST program. As we have students from every corner of the globe, we want to ensure the information is up-to-date and applicable)
We utilize the following course materials. These are included in your program fees. Always remember that textbooks are reference tools – doing is the absolute best way to learn, and we will spend numerous hours nurturing students in a practicum setting.
- 170 Page, Full Colour, Program Manual
- 60 Page, Full Colour, Asana Manual
- Key Muscles of Yoga | Your Guide to Functional Anatomy, Ray Long
- The Miracle of Mindfulness, Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Mukanada Stiles
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practices, Deborah Adele
- Tote Bag for Books
For Destination Programs, your Course Materials will be delivered to you (via courier) before the program begins. You will bring them along when you travel. The EXCEPTION is the Whistler, Sea to Sky Retreat Training – materials will be ON-SITE on day 1 of your program.
For In-Studio Programs, your Course Materials will be ON-SITE on day 1 of your program.