Need To Know ~ 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
make an informed decision ~ always
Need To Know ~ 200 Hour
This is a summary of all the NEED TO KNOW items for every 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training we offer. Please take some time to review the details.
The more you know, the more it will help you make an informed decision.
- Yoga Alliance Accreditation
- What is an Intensive Immersion?
- Admission Policy
- Course Materials
- Pre-Program Homework Requirements
- Refund Policy
Yoga Alliance Accreditation
Yoga Alliance Accreditation is not only important to us as a school, but to the graduates of our programs. Yoga Alliance registry marks are globally recognized symbols of standards-based knowledge in the field of teaching yoga.
We recommend all graduates register with Yoga Alliance, a voluntary body which promotes standards for training and practice, allowing you to increase your credibility as a Teacher. By maintaining your Yoga Alliance Accreditation and registration on an annual basis, you may use the RYT or RYS designation following your name and on your marketing materials and website.
We are a registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance and are listed on their online directory. Registration acknowledges that our programming meets standards for curriculum, and that training is conducted by experienced Teachers.
All graduates of an RYS are eligible to register and hold Yoga Alliance Accreditation as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT). Yoga Alliance reserves the right to suspend or revoke an RYS registration based on evidence that the school no longer meets RYS standards.
We want to ensure that students are prepared for the intensity of the program. It is hard work, hard play, but most importantly, it is a life changing experience.
Although we are practicing and learning in beautiful places around the world, during your training there is no allotted time to explore the area. Your training days are devoted to helping you become the very best yoga teacher you can be.
While we do provide periods of downtime in which you can catch your breath and process what has been taking place physically and mentally, these times of reflection will take place on-site.
Please plan to explore and discover the country you are visiting before or after your teacher training.
To be considered for our Yoga Teacher Training program, you must comply with the following Admission Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older (we Welcome students of ALL ages)
- have reviewed program details throughly
- have completed the on-line, admission, application
- have an English level that allows for reading, writing & speaking to a level of full comprehension
- must not have a severe medical condition that will preclude a student from participating (persons who have a medical condition that does not interfere with their safety and their participation will always be considered for trainings)
- have some basic, prior experience with Yoga (attending classes etc.)
- be able to refrain from drug & alcohol use during the program
Like all Registered Yoga Schools, our Yoga Teacher Training program is required to offer a curriculum based on the guidelines issued by Yoga Alliance. Within these programs is where prospective students will find the differences in how the curriculum is delivered.
Our curriculum has an intense focus in Technique Training, which is essential for new teachers. However, our program also offers variety in many areas to ensure authentic yoga programming (not what is trendy).
- Teaching Methodology, Sequencing & Training
- Asana (The Postures) ~ View Asana List
- Anatomy & Physiology (In relation to Yoga Asana)
- Pranayama (Breath Techniques)
- Introductory Workshops to: Yin Yoga & Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Bhaghavad Gita ~ Chapters 1 & 2
- Lifestyle & Ethics of Yoga Teachers
- Pre-Natal Adjustments
- Assisting & Adjusting
- Styles of Yoga
- History of Yoga
- Practicum Teaching
- Discusion Sessions
- Practicum Evaluation Exam, Final Written Examination (details)
- Business of Yoga Workshop
- Pre-Program Reading, Video Viewing & Attending 4 Public Classes (the classes may be online if you live in a remote area)
These items in red are included in your Program Fees and will be issued on Day 1 of Program.
The items in blue, are not included in your Program Fees and Students will purchase on their own as Ebooks or Printed Books and bring to the training. Always remember that textbooks are reference tools – doing is the absolute best way to learn, and we will spend numerous hours nurturing Students in a practicum setting. ALL TEXTS ARE TO BE PURCHASED IN ENGLISH.
In the rare instance that a Student is in an extremely remote geographical area and cannot receive or place their own order for delivery, we will work with the Student to ensure they have everything they need. This will be at a cost of $200 US Dollars.
Please DO NOT purchase any items, until your receive the official notice from our office, 8 weeks prior to the program start date.
- 180 Page, Full Colour, Program Manual
- 55 Page, Full Colour, Asana Manual
- 40 Page, Full Colour, Workbook
- Tote Bag for Books
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology & Asana, Judith Lasater (Students Will Purchase)
- The Miracle of Mindfulness, Thich Nhat Hanh (Students Will Purchase)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Mukunda Stiles (Students Will Purchase)
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practices, Deborah Adele (Students Will Purchase)
8 weeks prior to your program, we will send you details on Homework that must be completed. This will include reading, review of videos and attending 4 public classes.
These are part of your curriculum hours and are mandatory ~ at the end of each assignment we will ask you to verify completion via our on-line tool.
We expect that the average Student will take 15-20 hours to complete the items: Reading, Viewing Videos, Attending 4 Classes. If for some unforeseen reason you are unable to complete all items before the start of the program, these will need to be completed post-program and before official Certificates are issued.