We invite you to join us for our non-residential, 65 Hour Intensive Immersion ~ Ayurveda Training in Paris, France at Studio Rituel that is offered over a number of days.
Accredited with Yoga Alliance, the Ayurveda program certifies graduates with 65 Hours of Continuing Education Credits.
Ayurveda | Program Guide
Location ~ Studio Rituel, Paris FRANCE
Daily Schedule, Paris FRANCE
Program Fees | Payment Dates
Program Fees Include:
program tuition, program manual, journal, tote bag, certificate & documentation administration for graduation.
(This is NOT an Intensive Immersion, but a non-residential program.)
~ Students are required to purchase textbooks & neti-pots at their own cost ~
due & payable upon registration
due & payable 45 days prior to start date of program (processed to credit card on file)
* airfare & textbooks are not included in Fees
* all Fees are INCLUSIVE of Tax
* all Fees are QUOTED in EUROS Convert Your Currency
“What will the Ayurveda Training cost?”
The amount charged is a total of €2,300 EUROS – this includes items (as listed above) & taxes.
The additional expense you will incur will be for Airfare and transportation. If you are arriving by another means of transport (example: driving), you will also incur the expense related to that.
You will also incur the cost of purchasing your Textbooks (printed or ebooks) & Neti-Pot 8 weeks before the program start ~ this investment is approximately $60 USD.
For FRANCE, there is no set location to stay at. Accommodation and meals are your responsibility, as this is a non-residential program.
Currency Conversion ~ IMPORTANT
Currency Conversion ~ IMPORTANT
All prices QUOTED in EUROS & CHARGED in CDN (Canadian) Dollars. All prices are inclusive of tax.
All Prices QUOTED in Euros.
Upon registration 50% of Program Fess are payable (Non-Refundable). 45 Days prior to start of program balance of 50% of Program Fees are payable (Non Refundable).
All prices are INCLUSIVE of tax.
50% of Program Fees are Non-Refundable. You may opt to cancel until 60 days prior to start date. If you opt to cancel within the cancellation window no further payments will be processed. No cancellations may occur less than 60 days before a program start date.
Student will provide written notice via email, to email@example.com, of request to withdraw from the program. The email must arrive within the period of 60 days or more before the program start date, to be deemed official notice. Failing that, final program fees will be processed 45 days prior to start date.
SHOULD A STUDENT OPT TO TRANSFER PROGRAM DATES OR LOCATIONS a $650 USD Transfer Fee & any Program Fee differences will apply. Transfers are NOT available once we are within 60 Days of the start of the original Program applied for. At this stage the Refund Policy details apply.
Visa, MasterCard, Interac E-Transfer, Cash, Bank Transfer (all refunds are issued in the same format they were made)
* FULL REFUNDS of ALL fees will be issued if Yogacara Teaching Training cannot move ahead for any reason that is of no fault or not related to the students applying (i.e. minimal attendance, studio cancels the program etc.).
* In case of a student’s medical emergency any time prior to the start of program, full CREDIT will be issued with official documentation from a Medical Doctor, to be used for future programming.
* In case of a student’s medical emergency at any time during the program, fees credit will be granted, and the student may continue on during an upcoming scheduled program. If you are on a payment plan, payments will be processed accordingly.
* Graduation Certificates will be emailed 10 days post-program, and when all payments have been received.
What is an Intensive Immersion
We want to ensure that students are prepared for the intensity of the program. It is hard work and hard play.
Although we are practicing and learning in beautiful places, during your training there is no allotted time to explore the area. Your training days are devoted to helping you become the very best YOU, you can be.
While we do provide periods of downtime in which you can catch your breath and process what has been taking place physically and mentally, these times of reflection will take place on-site.
Please plan to explore before or after your Ayurveda training.
What to Expect of Ayurveda Training
The 65-Hour Ayurveda program is for EVERYONE. Yoga and Ayurveda have been sister-sciences since time immemorial.
In this intensive course you’ll learn how to:
- use Ayurveda in daily life to improve mind-body health
- integrate Ayurveda principles into your teaching and/or personal yoga practice
- augment and enhance your current offerings as a yoga teacher and/or health practitioner by sharing safe, Tridoshic (ie. good for everyone) Ayurveda practices with your students and clients
Ayurveda – the science of life and longevity – has been practiced for more than 5,000 years. We’ll learn the Tridosha theory of Ayurveda which tells us that everything is made up of the same 5 elements (Pancha Mahabhuta) in varying amounts. In humans, this unique combination of the elements is referred to as our Ayurvedic Constitution. We’ll learn how to determine a person’s Ayurvedic Constitution and Present State and look at how we can begin to use this knowledge in daily life. We’ll discover the diet, daily routine and exercise regimen that is best for each one of us, based on our Ayurvedic Constitution and Present State.
AyurYoga fuses the wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga and applies it to our asana practice. We’ll look at how we can exponentially increase the benefits of our practice (and that of our students), not necessarily by doing different postures but by doing postures differently.
Based on Tridosha Theory, we’ll explore a variety of ways to modify postures and practices for varying results and purposes, such as the following:
- morning/energizing; midday/balancing; evening/relaxing and restorative
- maintaining mind-body balance throughout the changing seasons
- reducing the discomfort of acute emotional turbulence and seasonal illnesses
- considerations for pregnancy, youth and old age
This Ayurveda program can stand alone as a valuable addition to your practice and teaching and it also provides a rich foundation for those who would like to continue deepening their knowledge of Ayurveda.
Who May Register & Pre-Requisites
The Ayurveda Training is open to the general public.
Everything we will learn can be used in our daily lives. Those with a yoga practice and/or who teach yoga, as well as those practicing other holistic health modalities will benefit further from the opportunity to apply Ayurvedic principles in their yoga and/or health consulting practice.
For Registrants who are not already Certified Yoga Teachers (200-hour or 500-hour), we will ask you to complete a few hours of reading and view specific online videos prior to the start-date of your program.
To Register for the Ayurveda Training, you must comply with the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older (we Welcome students of ALL ages)
- have reviewed program details thoroughly
- have completed the on-line registration
- have an English level that allows for reading, writing & speaking to a level of full comprehension
- must not have a severe medical condition that will preclude a student from participating (persons who have a medical condition that does not interfere with their safety and their participation will always be considered for trainings)
- have some basic, prior experience with Yoga (all students shall have attended a minimum of 15 Yoga classes in the six months prior to the start of program)
- be able to refrain from drug & alcohol use during the program
Curriculum | Course Materials
THEORY of Ayurveda
- The Ayurvedic World View (Sankhya Philosophy)
- History of Ayurveda – origins of a 6,000-year-old system of medicine
- The 5 Elements (Pancha Mahabhuta)
- Tridosha Theory (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) – foundation of the Ayurvedic Perspective
- Understanding Agni, Ama & The Disease Process
- Determining Ayurvedic Constitution through questioning, observation and touch
- Determining Present State through questioning, observation and touch
APPLIED Ayurveda ~ Using Ayurveda in Daily Life
- The 20 Gunas or Attributes/Qualities
- The 2 Fundamental Principles of Ayurveda
- Dinacharya ~ The Ayurvedic Daily Routine
- Eating right for your Ayurvedic Constitution
- The 6 Tastes
- Ayurvedic meal preparation
We’ll cook a meal together and learn simple yet effective methods for making our meals more Tridoshic (balancing for all Ayurvedic Constitutions). This way we can make meals for our friends and family that are nourishing and healthy for everyone.
- Tridoshic Yoga Practices ~ modifying yoga practices to suit any Ayurvedic Constitution
- Practices for Pacifying Vata, Pitta, Kapha ~ modifications for individual constitutions
- Seasonal Practices ~ maintaining mind-body balance throughout the seasons
- Practices for reducing acute emotional turbulence (i.e. anxiety)
- Considerations for pregnancy, youth and old age
- Meditation Practices
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
Tensegrity in Asana
Tensegrity teaches us how to practice asana with an evenness of effort and relaxation. An introduction to Tensegrity in asana illustrates one of the ways we can make our yoga practice Tridoshic (balancing for all Ayurvedic Constitutions).
Mindfulness practice will be encouraged in every aspect of the intensive, from listening mindfully in lectures to eating mindfully at meals. Together we’ll deepen our capacity to be present with everything we do.
We utilize the following course materials. These are included in your program fees, with the exception of the 2 TEXTBOOKS and NETI-POT, which you will need to purchase in advance.
- Full Colour, Program Manual
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies, Vasant Lad (please purchase & bring)
- Yoga for Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice, David Frawley, Sandra Summerfield Kozak (please purchase & bring)
- Neti-Pot (please purchase & bring; no glass neti pot ~ BPA-free plastic or stainless steel only)
- Tote Bag for Books
Your Program Manual, Tote Bag and Journal will be issued during orientation. Please ensure you have purchased your textbooks & neti-pot to bring along to the program. You will also need the texts in advance for pre-program homework. We suggest Amazon as the most cost-effective option.
As with all of our programming, there is a formal evaluation in Ayurveda Training.
In order to successfully graduate and receive your Certificate of Completion and Yoga Alliance CE Credits, the following evaluation criteria must be successfully met.
Students must receive an overall grade of 80/100 or 80%.
Ayurveda Written Test | Value of 20 Marks
Ayurveda Practicum | Value of 20 Marks
Participation | Value of 20 Marks
Be present. Engage. Be your BEST You!
Post Course Oral Exam | Value of 40 Marks
Approximately 90 minutes, administered by your Lead Teacher within 4 weeks of completing the course on our Online Meeting Platform.
Successful completion of all tasks (with a minimum mark of 80/100) will qualify you to receive your Certificate of Completion and accompanying Continuing Education credits. Be yourself and don’t worry if you don’t fully understand the concepts. We are not looking for perfection; rather we are looking for a willingness to listen, learn and persevere toward a deeper understanding.
It takes years to fully comprehend Ayurveda and Tridosha Theory; we will be refining our skills throughout our lifetime.
Number of Students Per Session
A fantastic benefit of your Ayurveda Training is that it will be capped at 12 Students!
It is small enough to ensure an intimate environment and large enough to ensure a dynamic, engaging and holistic experience.
The Ayurveda program prepares you to bring a new dimension to your practice and teaching, allowing you to see greater benefits to mind-body balance as you bring an awareness of your unique Ayurvedic Constitution into everything you do.
The Ayurvedic perspective is a new way of looking at ourselves and others. As a Yoga Teacher or Health Practitioner, Ayurveda enables us to see our clients through a clearer, more comprehensive lens and to provide them with a multitude of tools and practices to enhance health and well-being in daily life.
Simple yet effective concepts are the cornerstone of Ayurveda. You’ll find that much of what you learn appeals to your common sense and yet these sensible perspectives and easy-to-use practices are not taught in western culture.
Knowing AYURVEDA is a bit of a superpower.
- When you know someone’s Ayurvedic Constitution, you understand their tendencies and habits; you can empathize more readily with their needs and motivations and are better able to support and advise them.
These same rules apply to you.
- When you see yourself through the lens of Ayurveda, you understand your wants and needs more fully.
- You can care for yourself in ways that are tailored to your uniqueness; using the practices that are most effective for you.
- When you know yourself well, you move closer to realizing your full potential: as a parent, a sibling, a partner, a friend, a teacher; in every area of life.
AYURYOGA is what we do when we bring the wisdom of Ayurveda to our Yoga.
- When we take Ayurvedic Principles into consideration, our own yoga practice and that of our students takes on a deeper meaning, relevance and power.
- We know how postures affect us and how to modify them to make them even more beneficial ~ for our bodies, minds and hearts.
With Ayurveda Training,
- You’ll be equipped to support yourself and your students more effectively.
- You’ll have a unique and valuable skill that sets you apart from others, giving you an edge as you find your place in the burgeoning yoga industry.
Let Ayurveda help you live your best life yet.
Some of the notable benefits we provide that set us apart are: small class sizes, support of your Lead Teacher during and after, official evaluation, nurturing environments in which to learn, Yoga Alliance-Certified programming (recognized globally), post program support from our Team.
Meet Your Teacher ~ Angela Inglis
~ Join Angela Inglis for YOUR Ayurveda Training ~
My inspiration for teaching comes from the opportunity to share the practical magic I have discovered with Yoga and Ayurveda, in hopes that it will help you as it has helped me, to live a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
I am still a student – of Yoga, Ayurveda and life – and always will be. I am inspired by the desire to explore and understand my own mind, body and heart; so that I can care for myself, my fellow humans and the planet, to the best of my ability.
I hope that each person who joins me will discover tools and practices that allow them to become more aware of and responsive to their own real and present-centred needs. I think it is this willingness to listen to and be compassionate with ourselves that enables us to authentically and sustainably offer the same to others. And, to me, this is the recipe for a life well-lived.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in seeing with new eyes.
~ Marcel Proust
faqs ayurveda france
YES | All students will complete 1 Practicum (teaching a full class) & 1 Final Written Exam.
No. | In order to successfully graduate from any Training program we offer, you must successfully meet the graduation criteria. Unfortunately, it serves no purpose for us to simply pass students who are not ready or able to teach. It is unfair to you, to the public you may teach and to the integrity of our programming.
At the beginning of reach program (during Orientation) the criteria will be clearly laid out as to the requirements for successful graduation.
It is our aim & commitment to ensure Students leave our programs ready. If the rare case this does not happen, the Student will not be certified to teach.
Students come to our programs from every corner of the Globe. The shipment of everyone’s Textbooks can be a large, logistical challenge. We have done this in the past and found that there were numerous issues in doing so.
It is best that Student’s purchase the Textbooks and bring them along to the program (we do not charge Student’s for these in our fees) ~ this simply works best.
In the rare instance that a Student is in an extremely remote geographical area and cannot receive or place their own order for delivery, we will work with the Student to ensure they have everything they need. This will be at a cost of $200 USD.
Students will need Textbooks in advance of their start date in order to complete their Pre-Program Homework Requirements.
We want to ensure that students are prepared for the intensity of the program. It is hard work, hard play, but most importantly, it is a life changing experience.
Although we are practicing and learning in beautiful places around the world, during your training there is no allotted time to explore the area. Your training days are devoted to helping you become the very best yoga teacher you can be.
While we do provide periods of downtime in which you can catch your breath and process what has been taking place physically and mentally, these times of reflection will take place on-site.
Please plan to explore and discover the country you are visiting before or after your teacher training.
EReaders and Viewing Tablets are welcome in the space for the sole purpose of viewing your ETextbooks. Phones are NOT acceptable viewing devices as they are far too small for images and general reading.
No data should be active on these devices while in the Yoga Classroom. This is the only exception regarding Electronic Devices.
Yes! The following will be assigned at the 8 week mark, prior to program start date.
~ Read pages 1 to 29 in The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
~ Do the Ayurvedic Constitution Questionnaire provided to discover your Ayurvedic Constitution and Present State (carefully read the accompanying instructions)
Review course content in preparation for your Oral Exam.
If a registrant is not a Certified Yoga Teacher, they would need to do additional homework to prepare for the program. These details will be delivered closer to the program date as content may change.
While we encourage you to try and to use the practices – as this is the best way to learn and understand them – you will not be required to do something if it makes you feel unsafe or terribly uncomfortable.
Some students will see a small charge to their Credit Card, and wonder why.
This charge is directly related to your Credit Card provider. This charge is something that only some Credit Card providers will issue when you pay for something in a foreign currency (a currency other than what your Credit Card is in), or a foreign company processes a charge. Please contact your provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Yogacara has no control over this fee, nor do we ask the provider to charge it.
It is optional. This venue does provide mats on-site, and it is based on your personal preference if you would like to bring your own or not. You are welcome to use one from the venue.
All Program Fees are QUOTED in EUROS. The Canadian Equivalency of the EURO amount quoted is processed to your Credit Card.
On your email receipt you will see exactly what the EURO amount is and what the actual Canadian amount processed was.
Why do we do this? This Venue charges us in EUROS, and by quoting EUROS for our Program Fees, it ensures that the correct cost is applied for each program. The conversion should not affect you, as the end result will be the same. You will simply see it processed as Canadian Dollars for the equivalent amount of the EURO Charge.
- John is ready to process his 1,800 EURO Deposit for a 200 Hour Program
- Yogacara we will convert that to Canadian Dollars based on the day of processing exchange rate (for this example let’s assume the conversion today is equal to $3,105.25 Canadian Dollars)
- Yogacara will process the payment of $3,105.25 Canadian Dollars to John’s Credit Card (John will have received notice that this will happen in advance)
- Once processed, John will automatically receive an email receipt indicating the EURO amount of 1,800 and the detail of the receipt will clearly show that $3,105.25 Canadian was charged
- John’s Credit Card provider will make the adjustment accordingly
- John will have paid 1,800 EUROS in Canadian Dollars
No, absolutely not! Anyone wishing to delve deeper into their practice is welcome to join us. The skills and tools we learn in the program can be applied to many aspects of life… Yoga does not just happen on the mat – it happens in every moment!
No. The pricing you see is already inclusive of all tax.
Yoga knows no age and it is never too late or too early to start. All students must be a minimum of 18 Years of age to take the program, but from there on everyone is welcome in our programs. For 300 Hour Advanced Programming, you will need to have completed your 200 Hour programming first.
If it is any inspiration, our oldest graduate (Khatun, December 2012) was in her late 70’s!
Everyone is new to Yoga each and everyday. There is no perfection in Yoga, so everyone is welcome at the level they are at. In the program, we all start from the beginning, together!
We welcome students from all backgrounds and ethnicities. Due to the intensity of the program, we require all students be fluent in the English language (reading, writing & speaking).
No. When payments are made, we will automatically email you an official receipt. However, you will not receive a T2202 slip at the end of the year ~ our programming does not fulfill the criteria for T2202.
Please retain all email copies of receipts your receive.
The official payment receipts we provide can be used for income tax purposes against Yoga Teaching income earned.
Please discuss this further with your accountant or tax provider as every Country allows for different self-employment allowances.
We ask that all students do their best to refrain from alcohol and drug use during the program. Prescription medication is acceptable assuming it is not being used recreationally.
Smoking is acceptable, but only in the designated areas. If you are a smoker, please ensure you list it on the application.
NOTE: Some of our Locations are NON-SMOKING Facilities. Suncokret, Croatia & Te Moata, New Zealand are NON-SMOKING facilities.
All that being said, when possible, we will provide some local wine during your graduation celebration for students who would like to enjoy a glass!
Studio Rituel is owned and operated by a graduate of Yogacara’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Verena Tremel. Her dedication and passion is evident in every aspect of the studio. Located in the heart of Paris, it is easy accessible via the Metro.
Please DO NOT book flights for your Ayurveda Teacher Training until you receive the travel confirmation notice from our Group Leader.
Ready To Register?
When you are ready to make the commitment to join us for your Ayurveda Training, please register via our on-line system.
Ayurveda Training | Practical Items
What To Bring
When you travel, pack smart!
France Packing List
* comfortable, loose clothing for teacher training sessions (nothing fancy required)
* yoga mat
* your textbooks & neti-pot
* small, thin blanket for meditation
* water bottle (NO GLASS BOTTLES ~ BPA Free Bottles or Stainless Steel Only)
* course materials you have ordered
* energy or protein bars (optional, but suggested)
* hand towel for your yoga mat (optional, but suggested, especially in warmer climates)
* Vitamin C, Zinc & Electrolytes (optional)
How Can We Help?
Still Have Questions?
Our Teacher Training Centre is here to assist as you consider joining us for the Ayurveda Training. Please connect with us and let us know how we can help!
Become the orchestrator of your own health & well-being with Ayurveda. By living in accordance with the needs of your Ayurvedic Constitution, your diet, daily routine & yoga practice become the tools you need to realize your full & unique potential.
October 22 ~ 31, 2017
Earlier Dates Now Full
Training Starts In
Spaces Left For October
Graduate, April 2017
Yoga is so much more than the Asana practice. This program provides relevant perspective and knowledge to support teachers and students to deepen their practice off the mat.
Graduate, April 2017
If you are considering adding more knowledge and wisdom into your life along with beautiful friendships with like minded people then this is for you. You will be amazed at how great you feel within yourself and about yourself as you gain such valuable insight and knowledge.